What you need
- yellow poster board from your local craft store (for size of an 8 year old at least 24″x 13″ or 65x35cm)
- scotch tape
- two pieces of thin elastic
How to make them
- Make a pattern on newspaper or sketch paper. Download the pattern of the wooden shoe that is 50% reduced. If you xerox this 200% enlarged on 11″x17″ (A3) paper you get the size for shoe size 5 (US), 4 1/2 (UK), 37 1/2 (Eur.) or 320 (JP). Adapt it for other sizes (try it out on sketch paper or newspaper first.)
- Trace the pattern onto the yellow poster board. Cut out twice for both feet.
- Staple both short ends together for the part behind the heels.
- For the pointed end at the toes, do not fold the whole shoe, just the tip. Attach with scotch tape as shown.
- Make little holes on either side of the shoes, and pull a piece of elastic band through each (make a little knot at each end or use scotch tape).
How to put them on
Put the cardboard shoes on first, pulling them up a bit before putting on your shoes or sneakers. Now push them down and cover your shoes. The elastic band should be pulled under your heels.